Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

New (SUPER OLD) Stuff: 1870 Gautrot Valve Trombone

My Newest Oldest Horn

Though Not the oldest thing I've had in my hands


So I spent some time with my good friend and collector guru Eric Totman, and along with gawking at his collection, I managed to pick up a few cool things including this 1870's Gautrot Valve Trombone in Bb.


Needs a little work, nothing too crazy.


Top View, Seems pretty normal.

Not the original buttons, oh well.





So as you all can see; it needs a little love. This will be a nice fun little restoration project for me, and something to show you all just what it is I love to do and how I do it. Stay posted for more pics as I load new horns, and begin to bring others to life.

This has been just another Confession of a Tuba Player.

You can check out Eric's collection at Horncollector.com

No comments:

Post a Comment